In the 86,400 seconds that make up a day, 60 seconds of it could be used to help a child or a co-worker in pain from bullying abuse.
What can be done in 60 seconds?
• eye contact
• a few kind sentences
• telling the knucklehead that’s doing it to stop
• stepping up by telling someone in a position to help
• reminding them that they don’t deserve it
• including them
• not laughing
• not joining in online or offline
• when online, advising friends not to hit “send” when the message is clearly unkind
• giving a hug
• realizing it only takes a minute to be an upstander
That’s it. That only took about 60 seconds to type. (OK, 120 seconds but there are 86,280 left.)